Saturday, April 5, 2008

Mr. Pinnacle 2008

My son's high school had their annual Mr. Pinnacle contest - a pageant of sorts to win Prom Tickets and Limousine service to the event. This year's theme, "The Best of the West" The 20 cowboy contestants came out and danced to 'Space Cowboy', 'Save a Horse. Ride a Cowboy', etc.

I was taking my daughter and her two friends to watch the show. We arrived just a few minutes before it started and our seats were taken! Some lady with a crown, was sitting in one of our seats. She told us that the front seats at the end of the catwalk were too close, and they needed to sit back one row to get a better view. She offered the three empty seats meant for the judges to my girls. I sat next to Miss. Arizona and the girls took the front row.

Big mistake.

After the opening dance, each contestant was introduced in their Casual Wear Walk. They would strut their stuff down the runway, and not knowing that the little 11 year olds in the front were NOT the judges, they would do even more exaggerated "strutting" right in front of the girls! Yikes! The poor girls. They kept trying to look away. I'm sure they're traumatized for life. It was pretty funny, and I have to apologize to the girls parents. They're never going to let me take the girls out anymore :) One of the girls jokingly said on the drive home "I don't want to go to high school!" Oh great! Way to go, Jaina!

After the casual walk, the girls spied three seats, two rows behind me. So, they moved and were able to enjoy the remainder of the show, unharassed.

The next segment of the show was the Swimwear competition and Pick-Up line demonstrations. Ms. Pickering, my son's AP English teacher came out and sat on the hay bales in her black and red Saloon Girl dress as the boys once again came out in their swimwear and white "Mr. Pinnacle" tank tops. But, oh, the pick up lines!

"Hi Ms. Pickering. Are you a parking ticket? Because you've got "FINE" written all over you!"

"Ms. Pickering. Why don't you and I go out this weekend and we can do the same thing you did to my grades." And then in Flo Rida's lyrics the contestant said "We can get Low, low, low, low, low, low, low"

The school soccer star came out doing some tricks with the ball and said to her "Did you like my soccer playing? Well, maybe we can get together. I can show you how to dribble and kick. And then you can show me how to score"

My son's pick up line..."OK! I'm here. Now what's your next two wishes?"

Unfortunately, my son didn't make the cut down to 10. The 10 finalists get to perform their talent. And some of these boys are super talented!!

However, they did allow him to perform when the show needed some time to tabulate scores. Below is his performance:





It was a great night. Kyle Robot was crowned Mr. Pinnacle (Pinoy Power!!). And my daughter and her friends enjoyed the show. They were able to meet Miss. Arizona 2007, Nicole Turner, who signed my daughter's Mr. Pinnacle program.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found this through googling prom, I got to your son's school.

The fact that you blog makes my day, way to freakin go dude.