Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!!

BT was scheduled to be at a conference during my birthday, so he thought he should go a day early and take me along to celebrate a day early. We made reservations at the Hard Rock and planned to hang out by their pool. Apparently, Sundays at the pool are a big party. They call the place "Rehab".

Well, that was our plan. We got to the parking lot and took a peek over the wall to check out the pool. And to our surprise, we saw nothing but dirt and diggers. The pool was a construction zone!! We couldn't believe it! We could always go to plan B and head over to the Palms. But I thought I saw some people in the cabanas behind the construction zone, so there was still hope. So, we checked it out and were happy to find that part of the pool was still open.

Checking in at the front desk, Andrea was very friendly and offered us a suite, since we were only there for one night. We told her it was my birthday, so she said, well, definitely you should get a suite. Andrea's birthday was later this month, too, so she had to look out for her fellow Arian (not Aryan :P). And yeah, I know it's cheesy, but upon walking into our Suite, I did feel like a rock star.

We were on the 10th floor and had a great view of the pool. I know it was only 10:30 in the morning (Andrea totally hooked us up with the early check in, too!), but BT went down to the pool to reserve a couple of lounge chairs for us. I told him to call me and I could help guide him to some empty seats from my vantage point. He was able to find a couple of seats next to some friendly couples.

The weather was perfect, not too hot. We stayed at the pool until about 4:00. We chatted with our new friends, Mitch & Amy from Colorado and Simon & Nina from London. I have to hand the *Party Like a Rock Star* award to Simon. They were here for a wedding and have managed to be kicked out of their original Hotel AND banned from 4 OTHER hotels in Las Vegas! Brilliant Work, Simon. Brilliant!

We decided to meet up with Mitch & Amy for dinner and drinks later that evening. We took a quick nap in the room and I woke up with a massive headache. I told my husband that all that sun really takes a toll on you. BT replied that it probably had nothing to do with the two $18.00 drinks I had at the pool. Of course not.

Dinner was at Tao in the Venetian. I have to recommend the Sashimi of Kobe Beef! Kanpeki! Oishii!

After dinner we danced to a live band in some outdoor patio. Then we walked over to the Mirage just in time to catch the Fountain Dance show. We didn't stay out too late, since my flight the next morning was at 6:05 AM. But it was a great way to celebrate my birthday.

1 comment: