Sunday, August 31, 2008

Speaking of minor annoyances...

I should get back to my travel journal blog about Hawaii before I forget everything. I had to insert that "Minor Annoyance" blog because it was really bugging me and blogging is so therapeutic.

But it's the perfect segue to our Wednesday evening. After Kona Village we had a night at the Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort.
After checking in, we went down to the bar for our complimentary "Welcome Mai Tai". It was an open air bar, and the little chickadee birds made themselves at home, helping themselves to the snack bowl they put in front of us.


















We had an older couple to our left, a single guy to my right, and another older couple to his right. We all got to talking and found out we were all from the Phoenix area, probably all living within 40 miles of each other. What a small world.

Unfortunately, the one single guy to my right just kept talking...and talking...and talking! As soon as we'd bring up one subject, sure enough he'd have a story to tell about himself on the topic. We couldn't get a word in edgewise. We quickly tired of this "minor annoyance" and excused ourselves to get ready for dinner.

Knowing that this guy was going to the same Sushi restaurant, Sansei, we took our sweet time getting ready. When we arrived, we saw him sitting at the sushi bar talking to the man sitting next to him (surprise, surprise!). The hostess then proceeded to sit us down at the sushi bar next to them. Lucky for us, chatterbox had just paid his bill and was taking off. Whew!

A few minutes after he left, I asked the guy he was talking to if he had talked his ear off. The guy rolled his eyes. He couldn't shut him up! We laughed! Yup, that's why we're having a late dinner.

Anyway, the sushi was absolutely delicious! I twittered that I would NEVER enjoy sushi from a land-locked state again. It was amazingly fresh, and tasty. Yum-Yum-Yummy-Yum-Yum

No comments: