Sunday, August 31, 2008

Island Hopping

After checking out, we had a few hours to kill and drove around the North part of the Big Island. It was a gorgeous day and we could even see the top of Mauna Kea peaking out of the clouds. It was a beautiful drive.

We got to the airport about an hour early for our flight. We stopped in the airport restaurant for a drink. At first there were a few Marines in their camouflage in the bar. And after we ordered our second drink, it seemed the place was full of them. When we left the bar and headed toward the gate, there were even more of them out in the courtyard.

I teased my husband. Knowing that there were only about 30 seats on our little island hopper plane, I said "What if all these Marines are on our flight and we're the only civilians? This could get interesting, yes?" He rolled his eyes.

We got on our plane, and it was all civilians. As I buckled my seatbelt, I leaned over to him I said disappointedly "Hmmm...I was picturing this flight with a little more camouflage." He just shook his head.

No comments: