Saturday, January 26, 2008

At Brady's House

Tomorrow, the Patriots will be arriving in Phoenix for Super Bowl Week. They'll be staying just a couple miles down the street from me at The Westin Kierland Resort. We actually went by the hotel yesterday. We sat in the lobby for a bit. There were several seating areas with couches and small wooden tables directly in front of the seats."If I engraved 'Go Pats!' in the wood, do you think the team will see it?", I asked my husband. He assured me that the Westin would probably not appreciate me defacing their lobby furniture.

Around sunset we went behind the resort to relax by the firepit overlooking the golf course and lake. As I looked up at the guest rooms above, I wondered which of these windows Tom will be looking out of next week.

It was 5 o'clock and the sun was getting ready to set when a lone bagpiper in full on Scottish regalia walks out to the 18th green and begins playing. The instrument is mesmerizing and the juxtaposition of the Scottish Highlands with the High Desert was surreal. Nice touch, Kierland.

No comments: