Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Three's Company Moment...

With the Three's Company Marathon on TV over the weekend, I got to thinking about any "Three's Company moments" I've had in my life. You know those times when Jack, Janet or Chrissy would be talking to each other in one room about something completely innocent. Sure enough in the other room someone would be there listening in and totally misconstruing the entire conversation. This was usually their landlord, Mr. Roper or Ralph Furley (oops! too much TV trivia for you?)

Anyway, I remember back when I was in college as a member of a student run club. One of my duties in the club was to edit the Monthly Student Newletter. Sometimes, I would do my homework at the mall just North of the University. My sister worked at the Nordstrom there as the store operator. The operators booth was quiet and had enough room for me to sit and do my class work or newsletter work, while my sister did her operator duties: making announcements, answering and transferring calls.

One day, my sister just got her new portable printer and brought it to work. I wanted to test it out by printing my the newsletter cartoon. I also wanted to resize it down to 25% while printing. We were figuring out all the connections and settings then finally hit PRINT.

As the small image printed out, my sister didn't realize she had the intercom on, and her voice was heard throughout the entire Nordstrom store saying the following, "Is it working? Oh, it's working! It's so teeny-weenie!"

As soon as she said this, she realized her mistake and turned off the intercom. But it was too late. Her phone-board lit up with sales associates calling in to tell her she was on intercom.

I can only imagine what people were thinking she was doing in the operators booth!

2 comments:

Will Bunac said...

Thanks for the laugh Jai! Now Edna has to tell us one about you! LOL

Anonymous said...

A set of 70 imported tourists arrived in Lhasa
diane von furstenberg dresses bloomingdales loewe handbags london [url=http://www.warminbox.com]moncler[/url]lanvin spring 2010 Miu Miu Bags.