Monday, July 28, 2008

Project Kona

Over a month ago, my husband got us those tickets to Hawaii using his frequent flyer miles. In return, I told him I was going to tone up and lose some weight. Nine pounds in 30 days was my goal. I called it Project Kona.

I decided to use the South Beach diet, since it had worked well with me before. Plus, it allows me to eat stuff I like and not feel like I'm depriving myself so much. I looked at this as a no-holds barred, all out war and equipped myself with any weapon possible. I shopped for my South Beach Phase I approved foods, downloaded a weight loss hypnosis tape from iTunes and set myself up on a free Health Tracker on Prevention.com. I also continued to run about 11 miles a week.

Tomorrow we take off to Kona, and no, I didn't reach my goal. I'm short by two pounds. After 30 days, I lost 7 pounds. But you know what, I'm not bummed about that. How could I be disappointed?! I'm actually so proud of myself that I committed to lose weight and I did it. I've been trying to lose at least 5 lbs for the past two years, but I only ended up gaining three. I can't believe after two years, all I really needed was a little motivation, a lot of commitment and 30 days.

So, Project Kona is a success! Aloha Hawai'i! Can't wait to see you!

No comments: