Monday, November 24, 2008

Extreme Disappointment

I'm home sick today. I only dragged myself off of the couch because the phone rang. I heard BT leave a message saying he was stopping by Extreme Pita for lunch and he wanted to see if I needed anything. What a sweetie.

I remember when I first moved here, I saw the small Extreme Pita store in the 101/Scottsdale Mall. But the font confused me from the parking lot. To me, from several yards away it looked "Extreme Pho". The 'i' and 't' blended in to make an 'H' and the 'a' looked like an 'O'.



See the picture above? If you look at it from far away, squint and kinda tilt your head, doesn't it look like Extreme Pho? I'm not saying I drive with my head tilted and squinting, only sometimes...

I thought "Wow! How very multicultural of Scottsdale to have a little noodle house in the mall. Imagine my extreme disappointment when subsequent visits to the mall revealed that it was a Pita place instead. All I know, with the aches and pains I've been having all day, I would kill for a good Chicken Pho!!!!

And for those of you who don't know what pho even is (pronounced F-uh), you are missing out on some good ol' Vietnamese noodle soup in all it's yummy heartwarming, soul cleansing goodness. The soup comes with different garnishes that you can add as you see fit like, onions, cilantro, thai basil, bean sprouts, lemon or lime wedges. You can also throw some hoisin sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce or Thai hot sauce, Sriracha. I usually order mine with chicken and throw in the sprouts, cilantro, a couple squeezes of lime and some Sriracha. Yep, I feel my sinuses opening up already.

Oh well, time to finish my pita and get back to the cozy spot on the couch. Feel free to comment if you know any good Pho places near Scottsdale!

No comments: